1. Name in chronological order the Korean Kingdoms, starting from the
2. Who founded the
3. What is the name of the military organization that Shilla used to unify the Three Kingdoms?
4. Which country (the country’s name that was used at that time, not its current name) helped Shilla unify the Three Kingdoms?
5. Who is the first King of the
6. Buddhism was first accepted by the Three Kingdoms, in the following order: Koguryo , Paekche and then Shilla. True or False?
7. When did “Sung Confucianism” (the most prominent philosophy in
8. Name the five educational objectives (also called the Five Precepts in the Secular World) of the Shilla military organization.
9. The Korean War took place from 1950 to 1953. True or False?
12. The Japanese looted the Korean artifacts from the Wekuyjanggak, a building for storing books the Chosun Dynasty during the Sino-Japanese War (1894-1895). True or False?
13. The first president of
15. The Japanese ruled in
Source: Korean History, Korean Modern History (High school textbook)
1. Ko-Joseon, the Three Kingdoms, Unified Shilla,
2. Tae Cho-young, a former general of Koguryo
5. Wan Kon
7. The Koryo Dynasty
8. 1) loyalty to the monarch, 2) filial piety to parents , 3) amicability among friends , 4) no retreat in war, and 5) aversion to unnecessary killing
10. The Eulsa Treaty snatched away diplomatic rights;
11. False. The first modern treaty was signed with
12. False. It was during the French invasion of 1866.
13. False. It was Syungman Rhee, who was president from 1948-1960.
14. True. The only time
Less than 5: Start studying.
5~10: Not bad.
10~15: Pat yourself on the back.